· Communications: The MH-6J avionics package
consists of FM, UHF, VHF, Motorola Saber, and SATCOM.
All are secure capable.
· The basic MH-6 configuration consists of the
External Personnel System mounted on each side of
the aircraft, for a total of six external and two
internal seating positions.
· The aircraft can be rapidly configured for
Fastrope and STABO operations. Motorcycle racks
provide the capability to insert and extract up
to 2 motorcycles.
· Forward Looking Infrared Radar (FLIR): Some
aircraft are equipped with FLIR, which is a passive
system that provides an infrared image of terrain
features and ground or airborne objects of interest.
Images may be recorded for playback on a standard
VHS video cassette recorder.
· Defensive systems. Each aircraft is equipped
with the APR 39 Radar Warning Receiver System, which
detects and identifies hostile search/acquisition
and fire control radars and provides audio and video
alerts to the flight crew.